Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Pastel Heaven


Last week my lovely husband gave me a rainbow box of Caran d'Ache pastel pencils for my birthday.  We had spotted them in Geneva airport a few weeks ago and he had obviously noticed my wistful looks.  Like the good hunter gatherer that he is, he tracked down the local suppliers but found that the object of my desire was not available yet in the UK.  Thankfully he is very persistent and now I'm the proud owner of a set of 84 glorious pastel pencils!

Pastels are good for me, they make my drawing loose and bold.  I chose to draw a vase of purple and white tulips with some fragrant Paperwhite narcissi.  The languid leaves and stems lend themselves to my style of work.  I would like to see if I could translate this into stitch - maybe this will be next week's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment