Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

Handmade gifts


I'm hoping to spread a little happiness with these sewing kits that I made on Friday.  I'm giving them to two of my friends; one as a memento because she is leaving our community, the other is a birthday present.  These are small gifts but I know they will be used and cherished.

I love the challenge of making something new:  working out how it will fit together, where to make seams so that all the raw edges are hidden, adding little details.  I have fashioned a closed pocket for sewing threads and buttons and a padded one for scissors that can double-up as a pin cushion.  The quilted heart embellishment on the front flap lends itself to needles.  Just enough space to take a few bits when you're out and about.

I might be going slightly off my original intention of 50 new pieces of art.  They might not be high art but they are beautiful craft.







No comments:

Post a Comment