Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Miniature Shoes


I spent yesterday in the delightful company of Serena Partridge and the ladies of my local Embroiderer's Guild, learning how to make miniature paper shoes. It was a day of make-believe and fantasy, allowing all who took part, the opportunity to escape from everyday life and to indulge in some creative therapy.  We snipped  and stuck, teased and embellished, pairs of tiny shoes.

Serena's work is breathtaking.  Her playful inventiveness has created whole wardrobes of accessories: not just shoes but gloves, stockings and hats.  Her stitching and embellishment is wonderful to see and I felt particularly privileged to be able to study her work without the usual barriers imposed by exhibitions.  Serena is generous too with both her time and her sharing her techniques.  She has delivered this workshop many times and yet Serena still retains genuine enthusiasm for what her pupils make.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your textile artworks. My friend Clare directed me to your work - it is beautiful. I am a member of Hertfordshire Branch of the Embroiderers Guild - we now have our own blog which is so useful. Hertstitch.

    Jill
    www.jilltextileart.com

    ReplyDelete