Pages

Sunday 8 April 2018

Sewing the seeds of love


A deadline looms.....I am frantically stitching.....will I finish in time?

I am working on a triptych for a forthcoming Textila 3 exhibition (The Manor House, Ilkley 4-7th July 2018).  My work is coming together slowly but something was missing.  Luckily my friend Claire popped over for a play day and we had our own group crit.  With the benefit of distance, Claire instantly identified what was missing from my third piece:  a little bit of grey was needed to harmonise the work. 

With a flower theme, the only possible stitch to use was seed stitch and so I have spent many hours over the last week trying to create perfectly random stitches.  It has left me a little crazy, but I think it will be worth it!

The big reveal will be next week........

No comments:

Post a Comment