Pages

Wednesday 6 December 2023

Coming of Age


This year has been a special one for me.  I have focussed on my own creative journey and less on enabling others.  This has meant stepping back from regular classes and workshops and looking to others for their guidance and inspiration.

During the year I have been so fortunate to meet other artists and enjoy working with their materials for a change, some of which are very different from my own.  I designed this brooch using some of my embroidered motifs for inspiration.  Emma White and her team at the Jewellery Makers were encouraging and patient, helping me to create my ideas in metal.

Silver & copper brooch made with Emma White

Skipton Stitchers ran several workshops during the year and I rediscovered machine embroidery with Anne Brooke and her little paper boxes and Cathy of Dear Emma Designs with embroidered fabric bowls



 
Anne Brook's paper boxes
Fabric bowls made with Cathy 



The year has finished with a an exhibition at Farfield Mill, Sedbergh with Textilia 3.  Entitled TREASURED it celebrates all the little things in life that cherish, even if they are a load of old junk.  The inspiration behind my bird pictures came from a gift of vintage scissors and pins from the wonderful Sue (suestitchintime17)

Heron with carpet scissors
Pheasant with a collection of scissors, pins and button hooks
Chaffinch with button hole scissors and tailors chalk
Beetle with pins



Cheers to 2023!








No comments:

Post a Comment