Pages

Saturday 20 January 2018

Picture perfect


My goal is to do something new each week and whilst this might not be something new, it is on a different scale to my previous work.

I'm doing another stitched portrait based on a photo of my lovely girls taken at Christmas. They are all laughing and the picture just captures their vitality.  I found an old handkerchief that I've had since I was a child.  I don't know where it came from, probably my Grandma or maybe my mother.  It has a hand made 'lace' edge but it is a form of stitching or weaving rather than traditional knotted lace.  It's small and delicate and so my stitched portraits are too. 

I've started with Frances.  She's far away on an extended holiday and I'm missing her.  The difference in time zones mean that it is difficult to talk to her but we did manage to catch up earlier this week.  Long distance love.

No comments:

Post a Comment