Pages

Friday 15 May 2015

Hot Pink!


Perhaps not the most popular item of clothing for May but I do live in Yorkshire!  These bed socks have been a long time in the making - I think I started them about 5 years ago and abandoned them when it was too difficult to use the circular needles that I'd bought. Thankfully I have been rescued from this nightmare by the loan of a set of double pointed needles from Fiona at the Stitch Society. The socks were finished in a week!

They are made using Rowan Yarns Kidsilk Haze from their book "Little Luxury Knits".  It uses two different coloured yarns, a hot pink and a softer, more muted pink.  The two colours are knitted together for the main body of the socks but the frills are worked in separate colours.  

My daughter hasn't taken them off since they were finished and describes the experience as 'like walking on clouds'. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment