Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

Remembering Bracken

  
My sketch book this week has a rather melancholy feel as I remember my lovely fat cat, Bracken, who died last Friday. 

I've tried to capture the stripes and swirls and spots of his coat but its difficult to recreate nature's patterns in simple watercolours. I've added some splashes around the background because I wanted to give a lived-in appearance.

Mr Beebs, as he was affectionately known, did not do much except eat and sleep and this probably contributed to his untimely death. His favourite place was on the back of the sofa and he managed to squash the cushions down to create a kind of hammock. But if there was a shaft of sunshine anywhere in the house then it was a safe bet that he would find it, stretching out to his full length and exposing his gloriously spotted tum.  This is how I will remember him.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your cat - always so precious. Your watercolour is so
    lovely, just like the special boy, I'm sure. Gilli @ Tasty Textiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely tribute to Bracken. Great picture. xx

    ReplyDelete