Pages

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Inspiration





Inspiration for my ice collection came when there was a spectacular hoar frost that lasted for two days in January. It transformed the landscape and even the most ugly objects like barbed wire or a spiky artichoke became beautiful.



I realised that this was what clothes did for us too and I started to explore what was hidden underneath this cloak of frost. Would I find something dark and sinister beneath all the pristine white surface?




The thought of something hidden influenced my choice of colour palette and instead of using monochrome I looked for greys, purples and blues but I couldn't resist the lovely combination of red and green that I found in this frosted flower.






All images copyright Claire Ketteman 2009














No comments:

Post a Comment